Suggest treatment for black blood blister under armpit

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: Had a small black blood blister under my armpit, did not hurt. Last night it drained while I was sleeping.
Now appears to be a smaller bruised looking area, still does not hurt unless I press on it and then not very much. I am a 57yr old male.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

From the history you have given me it looks like you have a cyst which has partially drained on its own, which does happen very often. Here are my suggestions for you

1. Keep the area clean, wipe the are using a clean cotton dipped in an antiseptic like Dettol
2. Do not apply any plaster or band aid over it
3. If the area becomes tender or changes in color I advice you to approach a surgeon as soon as possible
4. If you could get back to me with a photo then I can say whether or not it requires further draining

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health