Suggest treatment for asthma

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have mild asthma and when the seasons change, I tend to get bad seasonal allergies. Bad enough where I get bronchitis and I have to use a nebulizer. It takes about two weeks before I can stop using the nebulizer. I use ventallin (sorry if I spelled it wrong) on a regular basis to control my asthma. I hate using the nebulizer, is there anything else I can take or do in place of the nebulizer?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Options provided . supportive care.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. No doubt asthma can be triggered by seasonal variations and specially the start of spring when pollens are at peak. Nebulizers, inhalers, oral bronchodilators and monoclonal antibodies ( reserved for terminal cases) are some of the options we have. If nebulizer bothers you, inhalers may be considered for relief of asthma symptoms.

More important is measures to prevent allergen exposure. Wearing a mask, keeping the house humidified via humidifier, get rid of all the possible allergens from the house . COnsider bronchial thermoplasty and allergen immunotherapy . Discuss these options with your allergist and immunologist and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan