Suggest treatment for alopecia areata
you need oral or intralesional steroids
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the pic attached and its rightly diagnosed as alopecia areata.
As the lesions are progressing, simply applying a steroid cream wont help.
If there are just one or two patches, then intralesional steroid triamcinolone in dose of 2.5 mg to 10mg/ml given fortnightly along with steroid cream( hhsone applied twice daily) and minoxidil in combination with irritants like azelaic acid and tretinoin(minokem N, applied once daily should help). It might take a month's time to see complete response.
If at all the patches are increasing fast in number and size, then oral XXXXXXX pulse of steroid should be started along with above mentioned topical therapy. We usually prescribe tablet betamethasone( betnesol forte) on 2 consecutive days according to body weight.
Please meet a qualified dermatologist or consult your previous dermatologist as alopecia areata can be easily controlled.
Hope this helped
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hair treatment for alopecia areata
- Alopecia areata treatment
- Naturopathy treatment for alopecia areata
- Alopecia areata treatment adyar
- Treatment for alopecia areata and alopecia universe
- Unani treatment for alopecia areata
- Alopecia areata allopathy treatment
- Treatment and cure for alopecia areata
- Alopecia areata marijuana treatment
- Amway products for alopecia areata treatment