• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne and pimples on the face

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, Im 38 year old female weighing 85 kg. I have anxiety disorder and I take duzela 30mg twice a day and Etilaam pro 0.5/20 once a day. I also have Insulin resistence and hypothyroid.
Currently, Iam facing a very strange issue, Iam feeling extremely constipated, have bitter taste in mouth as if i have eaten something bitter, i dont feel like eating but when i eat then its fine. Iam facing lot of acne and pimples on my face. Another issue is that my left eye seems to be little swollen and eye aea is little darker than the right one.
Iam very concerned that what is it? Is it the side effect of medicine? What can I do to relieve myself from all this?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This could be due to Duzela

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. You are taking Duloxetine 60 mg per day, Etizolam 0.5 and Propranolol 20 mg per day.

Duloxetine is a SNRI drug and in a lot of individuals the drug is associated with side effects like nausea, reduced appetite and altered taste sensation. So the drug could be the reason of symptoms you are having. Reduced appetite in turn results in secondary constipation. So if the side effects are bothering you then you can talk with your doctor for reassessment.

There are few case reports which found that Propranolol is associated with acne. But you are on 20 mg dose which is a low dose and I don't think this is related. This could be due to some other causes.

For eye issues talk to a skin specialist. The drugs are not the cause of this.

Thanks and Take care

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist