Suggest treatment for abscessed tooth
Continue antibiotics, do gargling..
Thanks for the query..
As per your complain it looks like due to decayed tooth there has been formation of a dental abscess that too has ruptured leading to discharge of pus and blood..
Nothing to worry, you can continue taking antibiotics and also do warm saline gargles that will help in completely draining of pus..
Along with it take a soft diet..
Avoid swallowing pus and blood and always spit it off..
As you are on antibiotics, do not worry of further Infection..
But see a Dentist tomorrow and get an x ray of the tooth done followed by treating it with Root Canal Treatment for resolution of Infection..
As you are already taking antibiotics, no other over the counter is needed and you can take painkillers for pain..
Please write back for further queries..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persisting fever after removing the abscessed tooth hearing loss treatment
- Pregnant with abscess tooth
- Suggest treatment for abscessed tooth
- Rocephin for abscessed tooth
- Lancing abscess tooth
- Is it bad to smoke with an abscessed tooth
- Abscessed tooth treatment infected
- Dermatitis due to abscess tooth
- Heart murmur and abscess tooth
- Smoke marijuana with an abscessed tooth