Suggest treatment for UTI

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My daughter is 8 years old had u urinary tract infection and i made a rine culture and a urine analysis as attached she had pus cells of 70-80 HPF and the doctor gave her per the culture 2 days injection of CEFTAZIDIME and three days injections of CEFTRIAXONE antibiotic injections and then complted for 5 more days a course of CEFROXIM antibiotic and today i made a new urine analysis and still the is pus cells of 22-24 hpf what should i do please
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly wait for 2 more days and repeat urine analy

Detailed Answer:

Your daughter has responded very well to the antibiotics. Kindly wait for 2 more days and repeat urine analysis. If she still has the more than 20 pus cells, then it should be investigated with urine culture again. But, I believe that the urine culture should be normal by 2 more days as the antibiotics are working.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj