Suggest treatment for OCD
OCD is treatable
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
Before we proceed it is imperative to have clear picture of your condition. You are requested to post the details of the problem which lead to diagnosis of OCD. It is also essential to know what medicines you tried till date and what was the response with past and current prescription.
You might be knowing that OCD is characterized by a different group of symptoms that include intrusive and unwanted thoughts, rituals, behaviors, preoccupations, and acts. They cause severe distress to the suffering person. They consume lot of the time and interfere with the person's normal life. Many of the patients have only obsession, only compulsion or both.
Once you post the detailed description of your problem a possible treatment plan can be made. Please note that it is chronic and complex disorder and need long term treatment with sincere effort from both patient and clinician.
I look forward to hear more from you with details.
Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok Kumr
There is need to lower down benzodiazepines
Thanks for reverting back to me.
Since you are receiving appropriate medication there is need to do following things at the next consultation with your treating psychiatrist.
1. Ask him to reduce the number of Benzodiazepines. At this moment you are receiving two Benzodiazepines namely alpazolam and clonazepam. It is better to receive one medication at a time. If particular dose is not helpful than the dose of single Benzodiazepines can be increased.
2. Secondly you did not mention about doses of two OCD medicines. In regard to Uvox we can upto 200 mg and in regards to clonil we can go upto 300 mg per day if tolerated. If your current dose is below the maximum dose ask your psychiatrist to increase till there is any problematic side effect.
3. If you already crossed the maximum dose limit or higher dose not tolerable you can ask him to add low dose of anti psychotic. In case of partial response with OCD it is recommended to add low dose of anti psychotics.
Please be aware that OCD can be treated only and there is no permanent cure for this. Most of the patients need long term treatment for control of symptoms.
"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health".
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?