Suggest treatmen for herpes

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jul 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: My husband has herpes and it is starting to affect all aspects of our life.
he is on a suppression medication and he still gets an outbreak on his penis, usually on the tip or right under neath the tip about every 4-5 weeks and it lasts for 2-3 weeks before it is gone. Not sure where he picked this up as I don't have, but it is affecting him daily as it is painful, and he is unable to work on our relationship because of what this is doing to him.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try and put him on acyclovir

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for choosing wwwhealthcaremagic
your husband seems to be infected with Herpes Simplex virus. Difficult to judge whether you were the primary source of infection. He should be immediately put on Cap Acyclovir so that viral shedding is minimised.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa