Suggest treatmemt to get light facial skin tone

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Doctor, my face has become very dark..my body colour is not so dark....please help
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment options for skin clearing

Detailed Answer:
HI

I have seen the attached picture .
I can notice that your main areas of concern are your forehead and the areas around eyes and mouth. But yes, you do have a generalised darkening of the facial skin.
First of all, I would like to tell you that although there are many treatment options available with a dermatologist to improve the color and texture of skin, but the degree of improvement seen with treatment is quite limited and is variable in each patient.
I would advise you to start application of a topical skin lightening agent like kojivit cream over the affected areas of face twice a day .
In addition, it is very important that you should use a good medicated sunscreen regularly over your face everytime before going out in the sun . Apply it atleast thirty minutes before going out in the sun and reapply it every three hours if you stay in the sun .
Next you need to take oral vitamin c supplements in the form of tablet Celin 500 mg twice a day for atleast six weeks.
Increase oral intake of fresh citrus fruits and salads.
Also in case you want quick results, then there are many options available with a dermatologist like chemical peel, dermabrasion and laser photofacials which can help in improving skin texture and color. For these, you might have to see a local dermatologist .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 45 hours later
Thanks Doctor....I have done six sittings of chemical peel at XXXXXXX Skin Clinic.....should I continue this, the clinc says that I should have a follow up once every month...please advice....I will surely follow your advice ......Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take regular chemical peels

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Chemical peels surely help in rejuvenation of skin. It is good for the skin to take five to six sittings together and then follow up with one peel every four to eight weeks.
In addition, you can use some lightening agent along in between as told. Also remember to use a sunscreen regularly as advised.

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 43 hours later
Thanks Doctor, My daughter who has had a renal transplant (32years), about nine months back has dark circles around her eyes....all her parameters are good...she is back to work since six months.....please help...also for her hail fall... XXXXXXX
Brief Answer:
Hair fall might take time to recover

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Both dark circles and hair fall are known problems which patients with renal disorders have to face.
But the good thing is that your daughter has normal renal parameters now and is back to work.
I would suggest that she should apply a mild lightening agent like kojivit cream over the areas around the eyes twice a day .
As far as hair fall is concerned, it might take some time to fully recover. She can start application of zydip lotion over the scalp at night daily.
It might take three to four months to bring hair fall under control.

Dr Geetika Paul