Suggest supplements to regulate cortisol levels
Hydrocortisone is the best cortisol supplement.
Adrenal fatigue or Addison’s disease can be caused due to several pathological as well as psychological factors.
Traditionally, low cortisol levels are managed by means of supplements. This is usually with synthetic cortisol called Prednisone or natural cortisol called hydrocortisone. These cortisol supplements are usually taken orally.
On the other side, there are some herbs like licorice, Panax ginseng, Ashwagandha that have purported ability to increase cortisol levels.
However, I'd suggest consulting your doctor before using any cortisol supplement or herbs to treat your low cortisol levels because these supplements can have their own side effects.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Elona Xhardo, Endocrinologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pheochromocytoma and cortisol levels
- Treatment for high cortisol levels
- Bisoprolol and cortisol levels
- Nuvaring cortisol levels
- Chronic high levels of cortisol
- Urine cortisol levels adderall
- Supplements to help with cortisol
- Bystolic and cortisol levels
- Adderall and cortisol levels
- Cortisol levels and loestrin fe