Suggest remedy for underarm boils post child birth
My wife just delivered a healthy baby girl through C section on 11th November. On Sunday we shifted her to our home.
Today morning, when my wife was taking bath she observed some big acnes under her arm pits. I am not sure how should we proceed and what medication we pursue. She is currently taking Dolo as pain reliever since she had delivered thorugh C section.
Look forward gor your response.
Please give details as asked for.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted history related to your wife - 30 years - C'section on 11th Nov - noticed today big acne= githan ( I can understand both) - under arm pits Wants to know how to proceed -
I would like to know a few details please:
- Whether this is in one arm pits or both?
- How much is the pain and the tenderness (pain on pressure)?
- Is there any swelling in the breasts?
- What is the color of the skin?
- Is the swelling attached to the skin?
Please ask her to continue Dolo.
If there is evidence of infection she may need an additional antibiotic (which is safe for the baby).
Apply liquid povidone iodine to both the armpits to make the skin sterile.
Do not apply heat or cold as the skin in this area is very different and thin.
Awaiting for yours.
- Whether this is in one arm pits or both? This is only on the right armpit.
- How much is the pain and the tenderness (pain on pressure)? There is the pain but only when you touch at that point.
- Is there any swelling in the breasts? No, there is no swelling in the breasts
- What is the color of the skin? Color of the skin looks normal to me.
- Is the swelling attached to the skin? The swelling I believe is due to the protrusion below the skin.
May be infected sebaceous cyst.
Thanks for your nice feedback.
From the description you have given this looks to be mildly inflamed Sebaceous cyst or so.
Please get a small course of an antibiotic, continue Dolo as is needed as anti-inflammatory.
Apply Liquid povidone iodine locally.
Consult a Doctor for clinical evaluation if needed and to get proper prescription based antibiotics safe for the baby too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat underarm boils
- Suggest home remedies for treatment of boils
- Underarm boils hidradenitis suppurativa
- Natural remedy boils on scrotum
- Boil after giving birth
- Underarm boils treatment
- Boils and birth control
- Women boils post delivery
- Birth control pills and boils
- Proteus mirabilis boil underarm