Suggest remedy for numbness in tongue, cheek, and arms

Dr. Shesh Jaiswal

Dentist, Endodontics

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I asked question earlier about numbness in tongue, cheek, and arm, al on right. The numbness would leave and return. Now it has been gone for several hours. Would like your thoughts please.
Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to various reasons

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for consulting HCM.

numbness on one face specially tongue, cheeks and arms can be due to various causes like:

~Improper Position
~Infection
~Peripheral Trauma
~Acoustic neuroma
~Diabetes mellitus
~Bell's palsy
~Mild Stroke
~Trigeminal neuralgia

Are you a diabetic? you should also get your blood sugar level checked.

Sleeping or performing activities with the head in an abnormal position can generate pressure and inflammation of the trigeminal nerve. Fortunately numbness in these cases is short lived.

its good to here that your numbness is gone but if it appears again i would advice you to visit a doctor to know about the exact cause.they may perform certain tests to come to a diagnosis.

Hope this answer helps

Dr. Shesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad