Suggest remedies for severe hair loss
Usually multi factorial treatment.
Just like any other organ, hair also needs proper nutrition for strength. Lack of proper nutrition may lead to dry and brittle hair. Besides nutrition environmental factors including harsh shampoo, dry dusty weather, dandruff, etc can lead to hair dryness as well as hair fall.
In this circumstances, I would suggest the following as the first steps of treatment:
1. Improve nutrition - good protein diet balanced with essential vitamins and minerals are essential. Please check if your daily diet has the recommended calories and proteins in it. If not, it is must to change it. You may also start supplements like Follihair tablets once a day for 3 months.
2. Use mild shampoo preferably one which can rectify dandruff. Alternatively medicated formulas like 8x shampoo may be used. Make sure you only shampoo 2-3 times a week and not more. Continue it for 3 months.
3. Protect your hair against dust and allergies.
In addition to these, it is also important that you rule out hypothyroid disorder.
If all these measures fail to produce noticeable results after 3 months, I will recommend you visit a dermatologist for further evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Let me know if you need clarifications.
Dr. Prasad, General and Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss
- Natural remedies for hair loss
- Severe hair loss insomnia
- Severe hair loss in women
- Hair loss on mustache please suggest me remedy for it
- Suggest some remedy for hair loss
- Gallbladder severe hair loss
- Any suggestion for severe hair loss
- Severe hair loss suggest solution
- Psoriasis and hair loss remedies