Suggest remedies for rashes on the skin

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor,

My mom's has this rashes on skin and patches are forming on her skin. she is using regular moisturizer but of no result. could you please advise accordingly. I have enclosed the hand picture for your review.

Thanks,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Senile xerosis with photoageing and Seborrheic Keratosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank uou for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
She seems to have Senile Xerosis and which is dryness of skin secondary to ageing and photoageing which is wrinkling and loosening of skin due to photoageing.
I can also see a few flat brown spots on her hands. These brown spots are lesions of Seborrheic Keratosis and are common on sun exposed skin of hands and arms as well as face.
She may use an intensive moisturizer for her skin of arms and legs e.g Amylac lotion Or Lacsoft lotion, 2x daily.
Seborrheic keratosis are benign and can be left as it is. They are just a cosmetic concern. Treatment for Seborrheic Keratosis is either Laser vaporization or Electrocautery fulguration wherein these lesions are ablated. Moisturizers wont help seborrheic keratosis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng