Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Why am I having a watery period ?

having a watery period last year i was treated for moderate dysplasia what could it be
Asked On : Fri, 20 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Cervical dysplasia is the abnormal appearance of cells on the surface of the cervix when they are looked at using a microscope. Although this is not cancer, it is considered a precancerous condition. Get yourself examined by a Gynecologist and get a Colposcopy directed biopsy to confirm it and determine its severity. Follow up Pap smears are recommended for mild abnormalities as in your case.
The treatment Options include, reatment for moderate to severe dysplasia or mild dysplasia that does not go away may include, Cryosurgery, Electrocauterization, Laser vaporization to destroy the abnormal tissue, Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure using electrocautery to remove abnormal areas or Surgery to remove the abnormal tissue that is cone biopsy. You will need a consistent follow up every 3 to 6 Months. Don't smoke if you do, Use condoms during intercourse.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor