Suggest remedies for persistent migraine

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I so am a migraine sufferer ,and I take imitrex nasal spray once I have a migraine,but as a provalactic I take immavane ,and today bcause there getting much worse he want me to take trzadone ,but I'm not because it has so many side effects including weight gain
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggest to add Naprosyn 500 mg

Detailed Answer:

If you have an acute migraine attack now I suggest you to add Naprosyn 500mg tablet along with imitrex spray. This is available over the counter without prescription in most places. It should work better than Imitrex alone.

I prescribe my patients with Propanolol initially for prophylaxis....unless they are diabetic and have skewed lipid profile. Then Flunarazine would also work good as prophylactic.

I suggest you to take my opinion to your doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy