Suggest remedies for dark spin pigmentation

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: HI Doctor,
My name is Shri.
My skin is oil average black skin
how to increase skin white ?

My Email id is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid preparations would be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

Thank you for asking HCM.

First thing, I want to tell you that our skin complexion is genetic and related to mostly hereditary origin. We can not change our skin complexion completely but yes,up to some extent we can certainly improve it by appropriate medications and good diet.

For skin whitening, you can use kojic acid based preparations like kojic acid cream with tetrahydrocurcumin, arbutin etc (like Melaglow cream) over your lips and face

Take vitamin C and vitamin E (Cap. evion 400 mg daily once) which is also helpful to whiten the darker skin areas.

Avoid excess sun exposure. You can use sunscreens (like LAKME sunscreen) on sun exposing parts to avoid tanning.

There are other preparations like hydroquinone and tretinoin (Melabest 2% cream) but has several side effects and it should be used under the supervision of dermatologist only.

Hope this will help you.Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj