Suggest treatment for dark lips

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have genetically dark lips that too the upper one and botton side of lower one.... please suggest if there is any way out to lighten them
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Try a skin whitening cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

It is not possible to change the genetically determined skin color/ tone permanently. However, you may try a topical glutathione preparation e.g Gludase gel, twice daily. Glutathione is an antioxidant and is a skin whitening agent however you have to use it regularly to maintain the improvement.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Isnt there any side effect when used daily as it is an antibiotic.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The cream is safe to use daily

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Glutathione is not an antibiotic.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist