Suggest remedies for anxiety

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I have been experiencing several uncomfortable situations in the last 3-4 moths where Ifeel something come over me and get extreme anxiety and I usually say something like,"oh no, its happening again and I squat till it passes- just a few seconds. I can resume what I'm doing afterwards but often get a bit naseaus. It was happening about once or twice a month, but yesterday it happened 3x and I have not been able to eat, though I've tried all day. Im extremely hungry but sick to my stomach- can still function though. It seems like what is happening is neurological. Your thoughts? Also, forgot to mention that with the very difficult to describe physical sensations that comes over me there is also a 'smel'l- and its not "out there". I cannot describe the smell, or the sensation but is very extremely uncomfortable and mysterious

I will pay to get an answer if you think you can help me otherwise, I stupidly thought it was a free service
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need neurological examination and a psychiatrist review

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be either due to neurological causes as you have suspected and may need detailed neurological examination alomgwith cranial nerves examination and cerebellar signs but non objective or psychiatric causes should also be kept in mind if everything else turns out to be normal.

Rarely stomach problems can also cause altered taste or smell and you have experienced both stomach symptoms and altered smells and using antacids like omperazole and motility agents like domperidone may help.

Stress can also trigger stomach issues like the one you have mentioned. Element of underlying stress and anxiety should be ruled out and a session with psychiatrist can also help. Rarely some vitamin and micronutrients deficiencies may trigger the same and should also be replaced like zinc, calcium, vitamin C, E and A.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D