Suggest precautions should be taken to avoid allergic reaction to insect bites

Question
Will I need to be extra careful in the future? I have never before had any allergic reaction to insect bites.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this question.

Yes, you should be careful in future. Not because you are at a particularly higher risk after the initial bite but, because no one entertains having insect bites whether they result in an allergic reaction or not.

This was not a severe allergic reaction like anaphylaxis that requires extra caution in future.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest precautions should be taken to avoid allergic reaction to insect bites 31 minutes later
Will subsequent reactions get worse and worse?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Subsequent reactions get worse and worse with anaphylactic reactions. This was more f a delayed type allergic reaction.

Fear not. Be calm and relaxed.

I wish you well.