Suggest medication to promote myelin production

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Diet Plans
Question: What do you recommend for building up the myelin covering of the nerves?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
methylcobalamin/alphalipoic acid

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would like to suggest a combination of methylcobalamin,alphalipoic acid and multivitamins/minerals.Something like Remyelin-D or Nervon forte.

Hope this helps.If you have any further query,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 4 hours later
Does lecithin contribute to the myelin cover?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Yes.Lecithin is known to enhance myelin production,as well.

Hope that helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)