Suggest medication for sore throat and itchy ears despite being on Mucinex and Advil

Question
Sore and itchy throat, itchy ears, which cause slight cough getting worse aft r 4days. XXXXXXX Setzler allergy meds and Mucinex DM and Advil not helping. Using salt water gargle and lozenges. Getting worse instead of better. No fever. Need advice on mor aggressive OTC or going to urgent care since today is Sunday
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upper respiratory infection

Detailed Answer:

With what you say you had already taken best of over the counter and doing all home care remedies. You can also try Claritin anti histamine meds before taking to ER. Most likely you need humidifier all the time in the room if possible nebulizer with salines to ease dry bronchus.
if the above does not help I would recommend my patients standard antibiotics.