Suggest medication for itching

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi ,
My family members is facing issues with itching like in hindi Dinai and her age is 45 and same has been facing since 5 month .... could you suggest good medicine for her.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Perhaps she has a fungal infection. The infection favors sites like groin folds, axilla, submammary folds. Occlusion and sweat retention favors the growth of the fungus.

I suggest applying a topical antifungal e.g either Luliconazole 1 %cream Or sertaconazole 2% cream, twice daily, for 4-6weeks. In addition to this, I also suggest an oral antifungal e.g tab Terbinafine 250mg, once daily for 4 weeks.

She may also take a tab Cetirizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

These are prescription medicines and I'd advise you to kindly visit your local practitioner for confirmation of the diagnosis as well as for a prescription for medicines.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee