Suggest medication for flatulence in a toddler

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
My son is 1 year old he is having lot of gas issue, at nights his gas gets stuck and he cries then we give him some medication like colicaid which helps in passing the gas and he seems fine than but this happen a lot of time in the night. So please suggest some medication which can help stop prodcution of gas in his stomach.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on gassy abdomen and stools

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern. This usually happens because of the dietary protein intake. The amount of gas formed in the stools depends upon the type of good colonizing bacteria in the child's intestine and also the type of proteins the child is ingesting.

As of now there are no good medicines in allopathy to prevent this.

But you can use Bonnisan drops or suspension. As your child is already 1 year old, I suggest using bonnisan suspension.

You can give sSuspension Bonnisan at the dose of 5 ml twice a day for 2 weeks and wait for the response.

It will surely help and does not have any side effects. Please get back to me after you see good response.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth