Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stress and depression. How to overcome this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
i am XXXXXXX and i live in boston.I am making good money and my parents are happy ,I help my parents and sister and try to help poor people what ever i can.
I started my earlier life with lots of strugles and god has given me everything now.But still i am not happy or satisfied with what i get.what ever i buy or use i lose interest on that after 1 or 2 months.Like car,new dress,new items at home and even like to always want to make new friends .Everthing is boring me just with in a month.
I am not sure how to be happy with what i get,I did see may parents in homecoutry for 3 years,not sure that may be a cause my depression .Please help me to overcome this stress and how to live a happy life
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 days later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

These materialistic things can never make one happy. One may think that I can be happy if I earn so much. After earning so much one will always look for some other higher number with more zeros next to it. A car or a new dress can make you happy temporarily. But as you said rightly it will not last long.

But giving a dress to a person who does not have one can make you happy. And this is the real happiness. Real happiness lies in making some one happy. Even if you cannot make every body happy the effort to make the maximum number happy gives you real happiness.

Forget about you happiness and be busy helping others. That will make you happy.

Happiness is a inside job. If you are determined to be happy you will be happy.

Thank God for all those good things you had. That will make you more happy.

Continue to ask further queries so that I can help you better.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor