Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering from boils and swollen, painful spots in perineum. Tender to touch. Suggest some remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi, i work in a very hot climate and my work demands that i spend long periods of time sitting at a desk. I have a lot of body hair and sweat a lot - I suffer from boils and swollen, painful spots in the crotch area, which I have put down to bacterial infections. However, I recently developed swelling in my perineum (small, pea sized lump) which is tender/painful to touch and causes a little discomfort (pressure) whilst seated. It has recently began to bleed periodically and discharge fluid - when I examined myself in the mirror there appears to be a small hole developed. Can you please advise my best course of action. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Thanks for writing.
It is most probably a small abscess which has ruptured.
You need to be examined to check if all the pus has come out. If not, the doc will make a small cut to remove the pus. Then antibiotics are given to remove the residual infection.
To prevent repeated infections, the area needs to be kept clean and dry. Try to shave the area often, which also is likely to reduce such events.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor