Suffering from acne. Hair started appearing on neck and under eyes. Prognosis?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello im XXXXXXX from morocco, i have 18 years old
I suffer from acne but the problem is In the past few days, I noticed my hair started to appear on my neck and under my eyes in the face
I do not know what the problem !
thanks for help me
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Acne is quiet common in your age group, but growth of hair is worrisome.
I would like to know whether it is fine hairs or thick hair. The cause as well as treatment for both vary.
Fine hair is quiet common and can be removed by regular use of eflornithine cream.
Coarse hair are usually associated with some systemic disease like pcod (poly cystic ovarian disease).

Here is my advice for you.
If it is fine hair start using eflorinithine cream 13.9 % twice dialy. It doesn't have much side effect - so you can use it.
If the hair is coarse, XXXXXXX a gynaecologist and get an ultrasound of pelvis to rule out pcod.

For acne use clindamycin gel twice daily.

Hope my advice help you a bit. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks doctor for your help !
I have thick hair in my head and i used lot of Gels for my Hair
I also have thick hair in my leg and foot as like my my father .
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,

If your father is also having thick hair, then it might be a genetic trait. However as it is not cosmetically acceptable, it must be removed.
Laser is a better option for removal of coarse hair.

Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist, you will get good result in 6 to 8 sittings.

Let be know if you need further clarification.

thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
I'm boy its no problem to have hair in my leg and foot
but the problem is i have hair in my face Under my eyes
and Neck
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 minutes later

I apologize for misinterpretation.

Yes, excess hair on face does not look good.
Dont worry excellent lasers are available as a treatment here, one of them is Q switched ND YAG laser.
I have seen good results with these lasers, so I would advice you to go for laser hair reduction. It can be done for even under eye areas.