Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Suffer from ADD. Lost job. Concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 14 Questions
My son is driving me crazy. Maybe by starting out by saying failure to launch my be of great assistance to you to help you understand our plight. I just don't know how to deal with him. He does suffer from ADD. He lost his job several weeks ago and has no interest in seeking unemployment. He is not concerned about his future whatsoever. Can you formulate a game plan or advise on how to function in this minefield we find ourselves in. I do not trust my computer I can give you my credit card information over the phone or mail you a check, please contact me via email and let me know, thank you My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Hebbar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Your son's lack of focus in the job appears to be a concern for you. ADD( is it attention deficit disorder?) can be treated with medicines. Reasons and the treatment methods for lack of focus on the job are several. All these need to be evaluated ( eg, being in a love affair, drug addictions, being depressed, having some other psychiatric problem like personality disorder etc). Best way to do this is to talk to one or two psychiatrist or psychologist. You can discuss without taking your son also.
Dr XXXXXXX hebbar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor