Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Stung by wasp or hornet. Feeling discomfort and swelling on wrist. Should I go for medical check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions

yesterday my wife was stung or bit by a wasp or hornet. it created the normal discomfort and swelling on the wrist. Today the swelling and redness remains with the addition of a line line from the bite location up the arm towards the elbow. there are no other signs of discomfort. Is this simply a condition which should be watched for more extreme symtoms or should this be atended by a medical visit to prompt care or emergency care?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It is a simple allergic reaction which seems to have extended a bit.
Just icing and anti allergic tablets for couple of days should settle the symptoms.
I don't think anything alarming should happen,however if swelling or discomfort increase,which is highly unlikely,you may visit ER.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any follow up query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor