question-icon

So about three days ago I completely splurged on a

Posted on Wed, 27 Mar 2019
Question: So about three days ago I completely splurged on a bunch of junk and fried food which I am not used to at all. That night I began to have gi symptoms like belching, gas, indigestion, and burping especially after I eat. Is this something normal after you eat those foods and how long does this usually last. I also have a pretty sensitive stomach as well.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably the symptoms are related to indigestion, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to indigestion or dyspepsia.

It is very common, especially after eating fried food.

I suggest you to use antacids such as Maalox three tablets a day.

I also recommend using simethicone medication such as Mylanta Gas three tablets a day to relieve the gas.

I suggest to take daily probiotics.

It is very important to prevent eating food that can trigger the symptoms such as fried foods.

I also suggest to eat small amount of food and drink a lot of liquids.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi