Since September, Ive had numbness in the front portion of
In 2000, I developed drop foot in my right foot and severe pain along the top of the foot. An MRI and EMG studies disclosed problems in L-4 and L-5 consisting of bulging discs, some stenosis and arthritis. The problems resolved in about three months but since when standing or walking for a time, the muscles in my lower back spasm and hurt until I sit when the pain subsides. What would be the most likely diagnosis of the most current symptoms Thank you for any advise and information you can provide..I
Spinal spondylosis. Treatment possibilities listed below.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor" service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms that you refer and the EMG, MRI studies point towards lumbar spine degenerative changes (spondylosis) with subsequent nerves involvement.
In cases like yours, treatment with antineuralgic drugs, physical therapy should be tried as the first line of treatment.
If no sufficient improvement, then spinal (epidural or periradicular) injections should be tried.
Surgery for cases like yours (with the aim to decompress the involved nerves) is reserved only in cases of the conservative treatment fails.
Discuss with your Neurologist for these issues.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?