Side effects from gabapentin I have been on it almost

Question
Side effects from gabapentin I have been on it almost a month, I take 400 mg per day. I have been having what usually is from getting to much caffine ,a rush that starts in my stomach and races to my chest, when I eat in the morning. I do not drink coffee I have been drinking a o coke in the morning for years and I thought it might be that ,so I changed to chocolate milk and I still got it.I am also getting a selroid shot for my back. Do not know what would cause this.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Side effects of Gabapentin

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

I can certainly understand your concern.

I have worked through your attached query in detail.

Many of your symptoms are directly related to the Gastrointestinal side effects of Gabapentin.

It's advisable to reduce the dose of Gabapentin by gradual tapering before you stop it completely. Please discuss it with your physician.

Additionally, a short course of treatment with protein pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole will help to quickly tide over with the side effects.

Also, I advise you get a baseline ECG and chest x-ray( to rule out cardiac abnormalities) if the symptoms do not improve with dose reduction of Gabapentin

Are you satisfied with my consultation ? Is there anything else left to be discussed ?

Post your further queries if any
Thank you