Should frozen solar lentigos form a scab within a week?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi i have a quick question. i had 2 solar lentingo's on the right side of my face. i had my dermatologist freeze them for cosmetic purposes. i had this done last Wednesday. the larger one dried up and scabbed and fell off leaving fresh pink skin. the other one though didnt seem to do anything. It still looks the same, maybe slightly worse. should the area have scabbed up by now? i am wondering if I need to give it more time or if I should go back for another treatment?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for 2-3 days

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Yes, it should have formed a scab by now. May be it has formed a very thin scab and that is the reason why it is looking darker. You may wait for another 2-3 days. If it has formed a scab it would fall off by that time otherwise you may need another session.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
this is what it looks.like now.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for 2-3 days

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

Just wait for another 2-3 days. If it is a thin scab it would fall off. Else it might need another round of freezing.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
great thanks. on a second question do my finget nails look like XXXXXXX nails by any chance? on all my fingers i have a red band at the tip. i am not sure what it is or of this is my normal nails.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal fingernails

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The red stripe is due to nail vascular bed shinning through. It's normal. XXXXXXX nails look whiter whereas your nails have a normal appearing color and hue.