Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the chest, arm and shoulder. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Latnight i had severe chest pain on the right side that shot down right arm and ended up hurting in right shoulder blade. today i am feeling very sluggish and my right arm still feels weird. i dont have insurance to go to a doc but is it something i should take serious and go to er about? my chestt right now isnt in pain but feels a bit weird aswell
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I would ask you not to worry. Right sided chest pain most often is due to spasm of the chest muscles but not due to heart.The Heart pain is usually felt in the left chest with pain radiating to the left arm and jaw.

The spasm of the muscle will leave arm in numbness,tingly, mild pain or light feeling for hours .This never happens in case of heart pain.Good, daily exercises will prevent such episodes in future.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor