Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Right side chest is flat, not developed. How can it be solved, concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Hii there, i am 27 year male, my right hand side chest part look flat compare to the left side. i can feel the slope in bone when i touch to my chest. it seems right hand side part hasn't develop well i think. could you please help me out something about it. i really worried about it, i don't know it's life threatening, i feel so embrace to take off my shirt.
can i able to get it both right sir?. please help me out

Thank you
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 9 hours later

I read your question with diligence and thank you for writing in.

If you are left handed person, muscles of left side of chest are more developed; hence this can occur. Unless it has been pointed out to you by your friend who has keenly observed or your tailor who while planning to stitch a jacket for you, has taken actual measurement, I will be a little skeptical of one's own observation. This for the simple reason you cannot see yourself from front.

As far as medical condition goes, there are two conditions
- First one is benign mild skeletal abnormality of spine and rib cage and
- Second is heart disease which I am merely keeping because XXXXXXX is the only place in Australia where this disease is still seen in developed world.

If you seriously think you have prominent precordial bulge, do visit a good hospital you have in XXXXXXX and have your doubt confirmed or excluded by physical examination.

Personally, I do not think anything serious concern requiring intervention will be found.

Lastly, there is never a cause for embarrassment; most of us maladies hidden from others because these are usually inside of body that believe me are far more serious. In worst case scenario, yes your problem is visible; but it is not progressive and not life threatening (you used this word).

I hope I have answered your question. If you think any clarification is needed I will be only too happy to answer.

Best wishes.

Dr Anil Grover
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Right side chest is flat, not developed. How can it be solved, concerned? 10 hours later

Thank you so much for your answer.

that would be a great if you advise any particular specialist doctors to see in this matter. i mean orthopaedics or cardiologist etc.
i let you know that i am from India and i am in Australia since in XXXXXXX since 2010.

Is there any treatment available for it?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later

Good to know that you are from India. Of all the places around the world I visited or lived in, XXXXXXX stands out.

Heart Disease, in XXXXXXX is found in original residents that is aboriginal people. Though Indians yet have great number of patients of rheumatic heart disease; but as you left in adulthood, by the time a doctor would have examined you and it is unlikely that you have any heart disease.

So your malady narrows down to orthopedic and I have a feeling it is not anything serious. Yet, I will suggest that you see an orthopedic specialist, the best expert to address if there is any treatment. I am sorry I cannot name any one there.

Good Luck.

Dr Anil Grover
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor