Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Problem of piles. What surgery is best to solve piles?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
hi i am 27 yr old, and i m suffering from piles from last 4 yrs, now piles is coming out and i need to push it back
now i want to get rid of this . please suggest which type of surgery is best and when can i join my offcie again after surgery
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
A number of surgical techniques may be used if conservative medical management fails. 
1..Hemorrhoidectony is a surgical excision of the hemorrhoid used primarily only in severe cases. It is associated with significant post-operative pain and usually requires 2–4 weeks for recovery.
2...Doppler-guided, transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization is a minimally invasive treatment using an ultrasound doppler to accurately locate the arterial blood inflow. These arteries are then "tied off" and the prolapsed tissue is sutured back to its normal position. It has a slightly higher recurrence rate, but fewer complications compared to a hemorrhoidectomy.
3...Stapled hemorrhoidectomy, or, more properly, stapled hemorrhoidopexy, is a procedure that involves the resection (removal) of much of the abnormally enlarged hemorrhoidal tissue, followed by a repositioning of the remaining hemorrhoidal tissue back to its normal anatomic position. It is generally less painful than complete removal of hemorrhoids, and is associated with faster healing compared to a hemorrhoidectomy.

You must consult a surgeon and discuss about the various surgical options and then choose amongst them.
Go to a big hospital in your city and can find a good the surgeon there.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor