Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Premature baby diagnosed with mild spasticity. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Sir, My daughter was born premature in 7th month and i was not told about her CP condition at that time.
later at about 1 1/2 year she was diagnosed with mild spasticity. now she is 3 1/2 year old
she does toe walking but cannot move backwards showing lack of balance.
since then she is going thru physiotherapy under Dr. XXXXXXX Mukherji's treatment @ Pacific Point Pain Clinic. Ballygunge Circular Rd.
though she has shown a bit improvement but still we do not want to miss any opportunity towards her wellness
and kindly suggest a good MRI center

Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 37 minutes later

It requires a greater detail of events and history about your child and her present condition. But I was hoping that she is coping better than before with your words. If she is able to walk on toes it sounds to be good.

The best place for CP and spastic disorder in Kolkata are the following:

Indian Institute of Cerebral palsy
P - 35/1, Taratola Road,
Kolkata - 700 088
Phone: +033 2401 3488/0240

You will have multidisciplinary approach for patients here.

Institute of Neurosciences is also a good place.
Institute of Neurosciences Kolkata (I-NK)
185/1, AJC Bose Road, Kolkata - 700 017
Tel : (+91 33) 2286 9999, 2286 7094/95 Fax : (+91 33) 2286 7097
24x7 Helpline : (+91) 0000 0000 (O.P.D)
They have an MRI facility there.

Hope it helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor