Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis red and irritated. Burning sensation during urination. UTI?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
Hey I'm XXXXXXX ever since I got off of work around 1030pm the tip of my penis hurt so bad I think it's a uti I'm not sure it burns a little when I pee,the tip is red it looks irritated when I put water on it it burned alot so I bought this cream at cvs called lotrimin
Please help
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 52 minutes later
As per your query,the tip of penis is red.It is due to infection and associated inflammation.
Please take antibiotic like Cefpodoxime with the consultation of your doctor.
You should add anti inflammatory drug.
There is no need for antifungal cream Lotrimin.
Please take plenty of liquids.
It will come down.
Nothing to worry.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor