Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Painful intercouse, had sex with boyfriend before marriage. How to enjoy sex with husband?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I am 25 yrs old.I was having sex with my boy freind from the age of 18.Now i got married to other person.But from 2 yrs i am finding interest in sex.even if i want to have it,it burns when i am having sex with my husband.i dont get any feeling when he is have sex with me.from past 1 yr i am pretending like i am interested in sex.but it pains when i am having intercourse.pls help me out with this prb.i want enjoy my sex life with my husband.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Sexual life can only be enjoyed when you involve yourself both physically and mentally.You should overcome the past and give your best to the present partner.

Lack of lubrication and not being interested in this relation can be a major cause of burning.

When in bed do not think of anything else and involve yourself fully.Ask your partner to have lots of foreplay and then start the penetration so that you are adequately lubricated.He can also try oral intercourse.

Use vaginal lubricants which are to be applied before the intercourse and help in penetration so that burning is not present.

If you will talk to your husband and let him know what you want he would also be happy that you are sharing your feelings with him.

Do some XXXXXXX breathing exercises as Yoga/meditation which will help you in relaxation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Painful intercouse, had sex with boyfriend before marriage. How to enjoy sex with husband? 8 minutes later
my husband knew abt my past relation and i am also out of that.
but i am not getting interest to have sex.nowdays he is unable to insert his penis.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 55 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again

He might not be able to insert, since you would be tightening the vaginal muscles which might be causing difficulty in penetration.

Use adequate lubrication and then try. If even after that it is difficult then you might require Hormonal Analysis to rule out any derangements which can be a reason in some case.

You might want to visit your gynecologist once, since pain and burning while sexual intercourse can also be due to infection of the genital tract.

Wishing you Good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor