One of my relative was diagnosed with T2N0M0 breast carcinoma

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
One of my relative was diagnosed with T2N0M0 breast carcinoma exactly a year back and operated in XXXXXXX 2017. 3cm, ER+, PR+, HER2--. Quadrantectomy done with axillary dissection. TC*4 chemo given with 21 days radiation. Chemo completed on 27th March, 2017. Radiation completed on 26th May, 2017. Currently on Femara.

We did her first mammography after surgery and report attached for your review. Please let me know your thoughts. We are yet to meet her oncologist.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is normal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for sending the report.

This report is pretty much normal. The description fits with postoperative changes, as expected.

So nothing to do now. Next mammogram after 1 yr.

Follow-up: One of my relative was diagnosed with T2N0M0 breast carcinoma 10 hours later
Couple of follow up question.

1. We are little concerned about the fluid collection in her operated breast even after a year since surgery. Is this common or do we need to do anything for this?

2. There is a mentioned about benign lymph nodes in her left breast without any Birads value. Should this be further evaluated with FNAC considering the history?

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry in this report

Detailed Answer:
This fluid collection is quite normal. It is not of concern.

The lymph nodes have preserved fatty hilum so in all probability are benign. Hence FNAC is not required now.