Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed curve in penis. Will it be cured by using traction devices?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 29 Questions
Hi, I have a question about my erection (see pic). It's been curved downwards as long as I can remember. I actually believe it's from growing up wearing briefs and always having my penis pointed downward- it just grew that way. Even though I'm married and have 2 kids its something that has bothered me greatly my entire life. I want to know if there is anything I can do other than surgery to correct it? I've researched the traction devices available online that claim to sure curves but I am skeptical. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 2 hours later
We still recommend the surgery would be the most definitive treatment. However traction devices could be used but with less chances of help. There is a new drug called xiaflex can be used to correct that but again their chances are less helpful that surgical treatment.

Let me know for additional queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed curve in penis. Will it be cured by using traction devices? 4 hours later
Thanks for the reply Dr Ghaly! I saw xiaflex online but it was always mentioned for use with Pyronies- which I don't believe I have as my erections have been this way since I can remember having erections- it's not something that occured later in life. Could xiaflex still be of use?
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 13 hours later
If it has been life long like that then to be honest the surgical correction would be the most reliable solution for it. This medicine has limited use.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor