question-icon

My son was skiing and was hit by a skateboarder.

Posted on Sun, 10 Feb 2019
Question: My son was skiing and was hit by a skateboarder. He has a fractured upper arm I have attached X-ray and report. We are waiting to get appointment with surgeon, he is in a sling device for now. What are treatment options for this type of fracture surgery versus conservative ?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
He can be treated with shoulder sling

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. Your son's x ray is suggestive of a minimally displaced fracture. It will unite well wih conservative treatment and there is no need of surgery. Fracture will be united in 4 weeks. After that he can remove sling and start physiotherapy like pendulam exercises.
I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you want to need any other information.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement