My sister is 62 diag with mph 1.5 years ago

Question
My sister is 62 diag with mph 1.5 years ago and is being followed by a nuroligist. She had issues with 1 week of rapid progression of being unable to walk and falling 2.5 months ago. She was hospitalized, diagnosed with Parkinson’s put on Cogentin, moved into a nursing home with continued down hill progression of confusion and short term memory loss. Only able to ambulated 4 to 6 ft with two people. Scheduled for ct scan of head and spine, Cogentin is going to be reviewed, she stands up from w/c every 30 seconds despite verbal direction and w/c alarm,has fallen many times, Wondering if she might have akathesia? Diag with bi polar and schizophrenia and treated for both! HELP
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in General Health
Follow-up: My sister is 62 diag with mph 1.5 years ago 17 minutes later
Diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus approx 2 years ago. Being followed by neurologist? Wondering why spinal tap isn’t being tried?

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

If your sister has been diagnosed with Parkinson's, she is not likely to improve with a spinal tap, as this does not treat Parkinson's, which is a chronic degenerative condition. The CT scan will show if there is any hydrocephalus, which should be treated with medication if appropriate.

Dr. Sheppe