My resting heart rate is 46-54 most mornings with blood
This evening bp is 125/78 with resting pulse 88-98
Do have myocardiopathy, ejection fraction usually 50 or little lower or higher
63 years old and do exercise 3 x per week usually 20 -25 min cardio and 60 min stretching and light lifting
Heart rate and bp bounce all around , pretty inconsistent
Hello and thanks for sending the query.
It appears that your blood pressure is close to baseline but your pulse is running quite a bit higher than usual. This can be for a number of reasons when we think about what can raise the heart rate - this includes stress, caffeine, certain foods or beverages depending on content, irregular heart rhythm or some other issue affecting your heart's ability to efficiently pump.
These are all questions which would be best and definitively answered with a comprehensive in person evaluation with a primary physician. In a short visit with a skilled exam - certain things may be quickly ruled out. Lab tests can tell if there is a problem with electrolytes, kidney or other organ function including thyroid. In addition a quick EKG can tell us if the rhythm of your heart is normal.
Lastly if no other reason for elevated rate is found then your doctor may consider sending you for an echocardiogram which as you know - will measure efficiency of heart function - this is somewhat subjective but is fairly adequate when assessing ejection fraction. A MUGA scan would be more precise in assessing ejection fraction but again this would be at the discretion of your primary doctor - MUGA is usually reserved when more precise ejection fraction results are needed.
i hope you found this information to be helpful.
I wish you all the best and continued good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?