My mother has multiple gall bladder stones since 2010. I
I have attached her recent reports and an old one from 2014
Answer given below
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Your mother is having gallstones without complications now. She at present does not require any surgery.
But she may develop complications like cholecystitis, jaundice, pancreatitis etc.
Surgery is usually indicated when the gallstones cause symptoms.
Gallbladder has to be removed in that situation and can be done laparoscopically.
I hope that answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?