My husband has had some worsening symptoms for awhile. He
A ct scan should be done to rule out exact pathology.
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms you are describing are mostly suggestive of a cyst or lump in his liver.Most likely the doctor had also palpated the patient for the same and had found area of tenderness around the region of liver and had therefore asked you to go for a ultrasonogram.
Firstly to be very XXXXXXX the exact nature of lump or swelling can be described only after the reports are there however going through his symptoms the most likely probabilities are-
Liver Cysts-It occurs in about 10% cases of swellings in right hypochondrium.The symptoms associated with liver cysts include upper abdominal fullness and discomfort.Mostly these cysts are thin and are filled up with water.Using a laproscope these cysts can be easily removed without any complication in most of the cases.
Possibility2)-It could be a benign or malignant lesion.The benign cystic tumor is called a cystadenoma; its malignant counterpart is a cystadenocarcinoma.
However what it is can be finally revealed only after a ultra sound or CT scan.
I would suggest you to go for a CT scan.
Its much better then ultrasound and would make things clear in one go.
As he is loosing weight and remains full through out the day the possibility of it being cystadenoma are more.However no need to worry surgical resection is very successful.
Bloating etc are minor issues and can be dealt easily once final diagnosis is there.
Hope i was helpful,
Follow ups are welcome,
Follow up with reports!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?