My girlfriend has what I would assume is a medial

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My girlfriend has what I would assume is a medial cuneiform fracture with massive swelling and what appears to be nerve damage. She has been through surgery and had screws put in which have since been taken out. She claims that it even hurts to touch the area and cries out in pain when doing so. It has been this way for two years and she is afraid she will never be able to dance again. Is this the case? Will it ever go back to normal and not hurt? What can be done?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to chronic inflamamtion.

Detailed Answer:
If there is a persistent swelling in the area even after two years of surgical fixation then it can be due to an inflammation in the area or a nerve related pain. You need to get her CT scan done and if possible get the implant removed to reduce any inflammation in the area. This can help in reducing the pain that she has. You need to consult her orthopedician as well as a neurologist for proper management.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.