My feet are burning and tingling ....and around the ankles
adding an anti inflammatory and antihistamine may help
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
Burning and tingling are possible complications of diabetes, they can be due to diabetic neuropathy. If this was the case though, the symptoms would not be acute (start suddenly), in diabetic neuropathy the person normally notices the symptoms developing over a longer period of time.
It the symptoms of burning and tingling have been ongoing for a long time then neuropathy would need to be considered and there are medications that specifically help with this eg amitriptyline, tegretol, gabapentin, lyrica
Intense itching is usually a reaction to a a chemical or other substance coming into contact with the skin. Severe itching can sometimes cause burning due to inflammation and irritation of the skin.
The veins in the area would dilate as part of the inflammatory reaction.
You need to consider oral medication along with the triamcinolone ( the nystatin which is an antifungal, would not likely be helpful here)
Oral meds such as an oral anti histamine (benadryl, zyrtec, clartine) along with anti inflammatory pain medication eg naproxen, ibuprofen, cataflam, celebrex.
If there is no improvement or any worsening, then you should be seen because precautions and special care are always required for diabetic feet.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?