My father s LDL level was high(186 mg/DL) when we
Reports are attached
He should continue
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would advise that your father should continue with Atorvastatin.
Normal value of LDL is less than 100 mg/dl. As it is still higher than the normal range, he should continue with the medication. Moreover, his Cholesterol levels are also still higher.
Along with the medications, he should eat salads and fibre rich foods. Regular exercise and avoiding oil rich foods will also be beneficial.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Please advise on how long he has to continue this medication.
He may need medicine for longer duration.
He has to take medicine daily at night and get his lipid profile done every six months. Reports will help in planning his further medical management.
Also get his Thyroid profile done.
I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having ulcer in mouth and not able to swallow. On nutrolin B. Started...
- Had hit on head. Feeling unconscious and loss of memory. CT scan and...
- Got hit on upper lip and tooth. Noticed swelling. Any treatment?
- Have itchy, raised freckle on chest. Should I be concerned?
- Suffering from runny nose and bumps inside nostrils. Applying zovirax...
- Child having low grade fever. CBC blood test showed normal. Could it be...
- Suffering from urinary problems. How to over come this situation?
- Got head injury. Started slurred speech, trouble in concentrating and...
- Got head injury. Suffered a concussion, pressure in head and felt a dent...
- Suffering from blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Is it safe to take...