My daughter has lost some weight shes about 5'3" and
Loss of upto 150 hair per day is considered normal
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query.
Loss of hair upto 150 hairs per day is normal.
Anything above that is considered abnormal.
If this is the first time she has noticed hair loss and less than 150 per day, then there is nothing to worry about.
Sometimes hair loss is associated with significant weight loss or fevers like typhoid.
This type of hair loss is called telogen effluvium and it resolves on its own in 4-6 months.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs